Saturday, April 21, 2018

Book Blogger Hop April 20th - April 26th: 251 Is a Sophie Germain Prime


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: How do you organize your books for review? Does it work for you or have you had to change it?

I keep my review copies in three place: A pile, a box, and a shelf. That's pretty much the organizational system. If the books are in the stack, then I'm planning on reviewing them soon, where "soon" means "I aspire to read and review them in the next year". When I am picking the next review copy to read, I just pull the one from the stack that seems interesting at the time. The books that are in the box under the stack are the books that I am intent on reviewing after the stack is done - sometimes I explicitly move books from the box to the stack to show their improved status as being in the "soon" category. My remaining review copies are on a bookshelf that I have designated for review copies. These are "the books that I will get to someday".

I also keep electronic records of the books I own, and all of the review copies I have are marked as such. When I read and review a book, I note that in the records. Theoretically this means that if I were to misplace a book I would still have it marked as one that needs a review. In practice, I have so many books that my electronic records are voluminous enough that there is a pretty good chance that I wouldn't notice a book that slipped through the cracks that way for a while.

That's it. That's my organizational system: Barely controlled chaos.

Previous Book Blogger Hop: Diophantus Wrote Arithmetica in 250 A.D.

Book Blogger Hop     Home

No comments:

Post a Comment