Saturday, February 3, 2018

Book Blogger Hop February 2nd - February 8th: The Mercenary War, a Revolt by Mercenary Troops Against Carthage that Began as a Pay Dispute, Took Place in 240 B.C.


Jen at Crazy for Books restarted her weekly Book Blogger Hop to help book bloggers connect with one another, but then couldn't continue, so she handed the hosting responsibilities off to Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer. The only requirements to participate in the Hop are to write and link a post answering the weekly question and then visit other blogs that are also participating to see if you like their blog and would like to follow them.

This week Billy asks: Do you prefer to blog about (a) specific book genre(s), or do you have an eclectic blog?

The answer to this from my perspective is, as usual, complicated. In a certain sense, I would say the answer is "both".

On the one hand, this blog is basically about whatever I decide to write about. I have, over the years, written about economics, government, law, history, science fiction fandom, and genre fiction awards. I have reviewed historical fiction, history books, children's books, management books, romance novels, graphic novels, and of course, science fiction and fantasy books. There is no overarching plan and no particular pattern. The blog is shaped by what interests me enough to write about it.

On the other hand, since it is shaped by my interests, there is a definite theme to the content of the blog. I write this blog for my own entertainment - I don't make any money off of it, and I probably wouldn't want to even if I could, so I only write about the things that I like to write about, and that means that I am most often writing about science fiction and fantasy. The end result is that even though there isn't a defined theme for this blog, there is definitely a de facto theme.

Subsequent Book Blogger Hop: The First Punic War Ended in 241 B.C.

Book Blogger Hop     Home

2 comments:

  1. Link the post to what? I can’t see any link here except to the hosting blog and I can’t find the Book Blogger Hop there...? I wouldn’t mind having a play!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sue: The hosting blog, Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Reader, puts up a new post once a week, but it gets pushed down their feed fairly quickly due to their rate of posting. There should be a new one up every Friday.

      Delete